Feelin' Genki

Monday, August 29, 2005

Plugging Away


Here, in no particular order, are several items that are almost blog topics but that, for various reasons, I don't have time to do justice.

Erin and I took Milo to the beach the other day - his first trip to the beach ever and my first of the year, if you don't count the Kindergarten class I took to the beach in June. That one doesn't count because it wasn't exactly relaxing. Now what, you may say, is a person in freakin' Vancouver doing going to the beach for the first time at the end of August? Aaah, Milo.



While at the beach, he had his second date with a future romantic possibility and seemed to dig her. Korae is eleven days the older woman and showed a lot more interest in Milo than she did last time. I think she's falling for him.

Hello wider blogging community. Now I have people all over linking to my blog and inspiring me to stay current. Do you feel the pressure?

I mailed off three more resumes today. Yes, I feel like I accomplished something. And yes, I'm a little freaked out at being unemployed at the end of August. There are lots of postings out there, though, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Oh yeah, and I intended the title of this blog to be a whine about how terrible I feel about giving Milo a soother when he clearly wants one but strangely enough, here, sitting in the silence and watching him half asleep in his little rocking bassinet, I just don't care. Man, he's cute.

2 Comments:

Blogger LaurieD said...

Pretty sure those aren't Milo's toes......

9:31 PM

 
Blogger Dread Pirate Robert said...

Also from McSweeney's:

Words That Would Make Nice Names For Babies If It Weren't For Their Unsuitable Meanings

by Stephany Aulenback

For Girls

Angina
Calorie
Dyslexia
Feta
Plaice
Reciprocity
Uvula

For Boys

Bench
Caftan
Chyle
Raunch
Rennet
Roily
Torrid
Thwart
Fellatio

9:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home