Feelin' Genki

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The Soother's Time is Almost Up...

So how long do soothers work?

We're on our second soother size (6-12 months) and both of us feel guilty using them, but whatever helps the guy sleep is okay in my book.

Milo usually only gets the soother when he goes down for a nap. I love watching his eyes roll back in his head -- sometimes it happens the second he gets it!

Other times, we put him in his crib and hear him playing with the thing for ten minutes before he falls asleep. I supppose that's what got me wondering.

If he plays with his soother, does that mean he's figured the thing out? Will it no longer work its magic? His mom gives him an old one to play with on the change table sometimes (yup, calms him down) and this is what he's been doing with it:


He turns it sideways and then smiles.

I know, it's adorable. He looks hilarious, we laugh, and he laughs with the thing still stuck in sideways. Then his Dad runs, gets the camera, and embarrasses him for life.


I know that his cousin used one until he was four, but I'm hoping Milo loses interest before then. I mean, that's the whole reason I buy Playmobil toys. By the way, if you're looking for a present for Milo's birthday, I say Playmobil. Thank you for supporting my addiction.

Anyway, I never really wanted to use the thing in the first place, but it helped him (and us!) sleep so it became a habit. How long does the habit last? Any other parents, feel free to opine away -- I'd love to hear your stories.

For now, though, I'll just keep taking pictures. Isn't he adorable?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not much of a baby person but omg he's so cute. great blog, added to favourites.
xox

11:18 PM

 
Blogger oshee said...

He is beautiful.

Don't worry about it yet. He is too young for it to be a problem. Actually it looks like he is using for teething, which is really good. Plus, you don't let him have it all the time, just at bedtime and changing.

11:57 PM

 
Blogger John said...

Hey Rob,

Stop feeling guilty! So he uses a soother - big deal! If he's still using it in high school, maybe start worrying then. Otherwise, just relax and enjoy his all-too-brief babyhood.

1:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home