Feelin' Genki

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Milo is very verbal

Wow, it's been a while since I used this blog to rave about how smart my offspring is. Usually I'm crowing about how cute he is, but dammit, the boy is brilliant.

With my extensive background in developmental psychology and early childhood education, I know the benchmarks for children and Milo is a frakkin' Einstein.

He's starting to pretend and imagine, and tell us about it. For example, in the past two days he's said:

"Milo's a robot from outer space."

"I'm a lion! Rrraaarrr!"

"Milo's a troll... I'll eat you up!" (Conflating the story of The Three Billy Goats Gruff with Where the Wild Things Are.)

He's also starting to get a handle on language and making up words. When he was eating dinner the other day, I was giving him some rice balls to go with his soup (he likes his rice in ball form) and the sticky rice got all over my hands. Milo said: "Daddy's hands are ricey. Wash hands, Daddy."

Yup, "ricey." He's coined a word.

Just a few minutes later, he was finishing his ice cream and going for the melted remnants... "Yummy ice cream juice, Daddy!"

I'm calling it "ice cream juice" from now on too.

I know, he's a genius. Must be the genes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home