Feelin' Genki

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Freeflow


Well, Milo has hit another milestone. Yesterday, for the first time, his shirt was soaked from collar to waistline with drool. Yup, his mouth runneth over.

Normally this wouldn't worry me but I know that excessive drooling is sometimes a sign of teething and now I fear for the well-being of his mother's nipples. Considering the fact that he almost ripped his package off the other day (Yikes! What a scream!) I worry about his lack of muscle control. His neck is getting stronger and he can stand if we support him so we know he's a strong boy but now he needs to work on his coordination.

I really need to check with my mom to find out how old my sister and I were when we started getting our baby teeth. And Erin's folks too - they should be back from Indiana next week, I think.

Milo and Erin are off to Parenting class this afternoon - the topic for today is "Adjusting to Parenthood." That reminds me - I need to buy some more beer.

5 Comments:

Blogger Siel said...

What kind of beer?

8:13 PM

 
Blogger Dread Pirate Robert said...

There's a good local brewery called Tree Brewing that makes a nice, hoppy ale but these days I've been drinking Guinness. High in iron, magnesium, potassium, and the B vitamins. Plus it's recommended for lactating women - helps the milk come in better. Personally, I haven't noticed any milk at all but that's probably a good thing.

8:57 AM

 
Blogger Toby said...

I like your blog, mines similar in the way we're posting about our new baby's.

I like blogging. :)

3:17 AM

 
Blogger Erin M said...

Highlands or Hilands.. teething tabs - FREAKIN FANTABULOUS. They are awesome, all natural and quell your baby's teething madness. they also work great when the kiddo is just plain over tired and wont stop howling. Heck we gave my crabby brother in law 10 or so and he dropped right off to sleep - teehee! Your baby is a cutie

10:18 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Seriously---the teething tablets rock. I'd also invest in the lanolin (your wife may already have some for nursing...the purple tube...lanisol...) to smear on his chin and chest to stop the drool from giving him a rash! My little guy did the same thing! Sorry to say...but for about a year!

12:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home