Feelin' Genki

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Awakenings

In my links section, I have added my favourite news blog. I love all of Oliver Sacks' books of case studies of people with exceptionalities, neurological disorders, and autism. An Anthropologist on Mars, one such book, is titled after they way one patient describes how they see the world in a state of uncomprehending detachment.
With a similar perspective, The Martian Anthropologist has a keen eye for news that is undercovered by the right-wing corporate media and humour that makes you weep. For an example of the former, Halliburton has been awarded a half-billion dollar Katrina rebuilding contract. And they get to underpay the workers while maximizing profits. Thanks, George. As for the humour, check out this Dear Red States Letter.
Oh, and I can't say this without also saying that I hope they Impeach George Bush. Apparently lots of people want to.

2 Comments:

Blogger Martian Anthropologist said...

Hey. Thanks for the kind words. And the link.

4:12 PM

 
Blogger Dread Pirate Robert said...

Yeah, I wasn't in agreement with everything in that letter either. Still, it was kinda funny.

3:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home