Feelin' Genki

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Three weeks and it feels like home

We've slept in our new house for 20 nights now and it feels great. (Actually, I missed a night there because of Tim's stag party, but I'll make it up somehow.)

Our list of things to do is getting smaller and more long-term: replace the kitchen faucet, insulate the garage, fix the leaky bathroom faucet, figure out why some of the electrical outlets just don't work, get a new dishwasher... I guess it's not getting shorter after all.

But the living room in cozy, our bedroom is almost organized, and there aren't as many boxes kicking around as there used to be. And we've got houseguests this weekend, so they'll give us some perspective on it.

Milo loves it. He sleeps later, comes to snuggle in bed with us for fifteen minutes or so, then demands that we get up and feed him breakfast. Right now he's demanding that we take him to daycare, so I guess we will, and then it's down to work for us.

Sadly, we both need to work on our Dell laptops, because they're set up for remote access to the network drives at work, and we just have to look at our shiny new Macs.

Work, and all our friends in Vancouver, is now long distance via the phone lines so we've set up Skype accounts and I absolutely love it.

Not only can I call anyone in Vancouver for free, we can call the grandparents at Miracle Beach and in Chilliwack, the cousins in Indiana, and our friends in Toronto, Poland, Japan, Australia... My parents went and bought a little $40 video camera and made the mistake of making monster faces at Milo on our first video chat. Now he demands it every time. Fortunately, it's free, and we can do it every day. Better than TV.

Now if I could only find the little cable that connects my camera to my computer, I could get some pics up here. Must be in one of those boxes somewhere...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home