Feelin' Genki

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Nice Day For a Vote

November 19th is election day in our fair city. Time to elect our new Mayor, City Council, School Board, and Parks Board.

I thought I had it all sorted out, who I was going to vote for, until yesterday. The CBC ran an interview with both major Mayoral candidates, Jim Green and Sam Sullivan, that left me shaking my head.

Man, both of these guys are jerks. Petty, pathetic, spiteful, hateful, morons.

I'm sure they have their good sides, but they sure didn't show it - they were rude, they didn't listen to each other, and neither one could bring himself to say one nice thing about the other person.

At least last time we elected an idealist who worked his butt off for the city and tried to make a difference. What happened to him? He got sick of the bureaucratic and partisan bickering and left the politics of the gutter behind. No surprise what we have left.

Honestly, I don't want to vote for either of them. If only the Nude Garden Party had run someone...

Oh well, at least the weather is gorgeous and it's a nice walk to the polling station.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home