Feelin' Genki

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Back to Normal

After the past couple days, "Whew" is what Milo should be saying.

Wow, we have been bad parents. No, we haven't scarred him for life or anything, but we have kinda messed up his routine for the past two days. At least, that's what I'm blaming for my current sleep deficit.

On Thursday we went to watch the hockey game at a friend's house (ugh - embarrassed by Colorado... such is the life of a Canucks fan) and thought Milo would be just fine. I guess that he was so distraught at the loss that he couldn't sleep for about two hours past his normal bedtime. Then he started waking up at night. I shouldn't complain - he's been so incredibly good at sleeping - but he was awake from about 2:30 to 3:30 that night.

Friday was Vegas night - we were off to a Casino night party for Erin's work and her parents were coming to town to graciously babysit for the evening. We were all up early to clean up, do laundry, and get ready. Milo then got spoiled all afternoon and Grammy got to give him a bath. He got fed and cuddled and put to bed as if he had been rehearsing being cute all his life.

We were off to the party and had a great time: we talked to Meg (Great blog! Awesome dancer! Fabulous boa!) and Dana (Dana Obleman - Infant Sleep Consultant and revered wise one) while quickly blowing our poker chips. Anyway, the food was delicious, the beer was Guinness (Score!) and the people who work there are fun to talk to and dance with.

As responsible parents, we figured that leaving Milo with grandparents for three hours was about all we should chance so we headed home. Milo woke up and got snuggled on the couch for about an hour before falling back asleep. While sleeping, Gramma got him to drink about five ounces of milk too - nice work! He was sleeping when we got home and stayed out until about quarter after three, when I got to try and lull him back to sleep. Alas, it was not to be. At about twenty after four Erin gave in and fed him.

At least we got to sleep in until almost 8am. I could use a bit more, but Milo is happy as a clam today. Grammy and Grampy stayed for breakfast and headed out, but coming back on November 2 so we can go to a concert. (Grandparents rock!) Milo is napping now, Erin is writing in her blogs (The Diaper Pail and I Love Cloth Diapers), and I am going to get some cleaning up done before I crash. And it's only Saturday.


Blogger Meg said...

Oh, YOU guys are the dancers. Kick it old school!

6:07 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home