Feelin' Genki

Friday, December 09, 2005

A Little Luck and a Great Home Crowd

Christmas is coming (along with Hannukah, Kwanzaa, Festivus, etc.) and I'm the worst shopper. I hate shopping and panic over whether or not I've chosen well or chosen... poorly. (Sorry, couldn't resist that little Indiana Jones reference.)

This year I found out that my father has never actually been to a Canucks game! The one time he tried he got so sick that he just stayed in the hotel room. Anyway, as a young man named Bob, his team was the Boston Bruins. Bobby Orr, number four, best player ever.

So this year I decided that with the Bruins coming to town I'd get some tickets and take him for Christmas.

There's nothing worse than taking someone out to a sporting event to celebrate a special occasion and watching your team lose.

Fortunately, the Vancouver Canucks have been on a hot streak lately and things look better than they have in a long time. As it turns out, Trevor Linden opened the scoring and we took a 2-0 lead into the first intermission. The second period was the nailbiter -- the Bruins tied it up and the crowd started to worry. In the third, all was well and good with the world as the home team scored three more for a 5-2 win. Yahoo!

It was a great game, we both had a blast, and my Dad got to come home to his grandson, conveniently still awake. Merry Christmas!

Tonight, of course, is the game with Ottawa. The two best lines in hockey, and a possible preview of the Stanley Cup final. Yeah yeah, I know that Detroit and Calgary might have something to say about that, but I can dream. 2006 is the year of twelves, y'know...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Since we've lived in Los Angeles we've gone to see the Wings once a year when they come to town, And my husband's NBA fav the Magic. Not only have our teams lost every single time. But they've gotten killed. We call ourselves 0-for Staples Center. This year with the new baby and late start time, we couldn't go. Wings won.

8:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home