Feelin' Genki

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Nerds R Us

I am nerdier than 91% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!

So Meg sent me the nerd test and apparently, I kicked major pocket protector. After a couple of lies in the do-over (see my post on the Kobayashi Maru) I got a 96. What a keener!

For an interesting side note, the etymology of the word nerd is a contentious issue. The three best versions I've found are as follows:
1. From the Dr. Seuss classic "If I Ran the Zoo," right between a Narkle and a Seersucker.
2. Reverse spelling of the word "drunk" (knurd) to describe those who chose studying over partying.
3. Acronym of company name -- Northern Electric Research and Development -- on pocket protectors handed out to employees.

1 Comments:

Blogger Daddy L said...

I scored 29. Not nerdy, but definitely not hip. Yeah, plain and unassuming, that's my MO.

10:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home