Feelin' Genki

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Exploring the Park

Aah, the park. It's THE place for father/son bonding. Man, it's got it all. Sand, buckets, shovels... and shade, which is pretty essential in this wonderfully hot sunny summer.


I especially like how Milo rotates as he sits. He just kind of spins around as he plays, and ends up facing away from me most of the time. That's when he puts sand and rocks in his mouth.

The other day, after I scraped sand off his tongue, he did it again and I realized that he was doing it on purpose. He giggles as I wipe the stuff off because it tickles and he likes it.


Then he goes a-wanderin'. He'll just walk or crawl in a straight line and then stop and look around. That independent little guy doesn't even look back. Of course, when he does and sees me smiling and waving at him, I'm rewarded with a huge smile. I'm so lucky.


And I just like this picture. It reminds me of a Sears catalog photo.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dread Pirate Robert said...

It's not the sand that he likes, he likes my finger brushing all that crap off his tongue! The gooey wet sand dribbling down his face is just a bonus.

12:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home